10 December 2008

Last Chance for a Trance Dance


Hello, friends. I know it has been a few days, and though I've had lots of hard-hitting and hilarious blogs lined up, I wanted the monkey thing to get maximum exposure. Aside from that jerk who wrote in saying he was going to get a stuffed one to hang his keys on, the response was really positive and I think things are looking up for the species.

If you ever click on here and are frustrated to see that I didn't post anything new, you can always check out the links I added to the sidebar. I'm also contributing to the Editors' Blog at my syndicate, which is at the top of that list. There's some pretty funny stuff up there, and it'll give you a window into the wild world of comics syndication. The design is pretty no-frills, though, so if any of you with any design talent want to help make some kind of banner, let me know.

Also, Jennifer and I put together a travel article that is featured in the newest issue of Urban Times KC. You can pick up a copy at newsstands around downtown or the Plaza, or read it online. It might not be the most cutting edge piece about Berlin, but it was written more as an intro to the city than a guide to the freakish and offbeat.

Whether I'm writing a straightforward piece or something more unusual, I've noticed that I tend to focus on the exciting or positive aspects of a place. My story about the Southmoreland neighborhood (I'd link to it, but the link with photos is dead so I might just scan that in at some point) was about how happy and creative things are. So it is kind of fun when I come across something like this piece by Midtown Miscreant, which presents an entirely different side of life in the art neighborhood.

I'll post more tomorrow, probably some music-related stuff and maybe a super-short story about drinking soda with a 3-year-old, but for now I'm heading out to see my friend Blue's short film. After that, we're picking up brother James at the Aeropuerto. As many of you know, he's been studying design, architecture and the art of historically charged sound installation sculpture in Berlin, but he's heading back to Kansas City for a spell to resume his position in the popcorn industry.


See you soon.

LW

No comments: