17 January 2008

The End is the Beginning


I don't think I'll be posting much over the next few weeks. The internet around these parts is frozen, and it's too cold to do much except make a small fire in the living room and read library books.

Speaking of library books, I came across one of the finest rap songs ever written about the importance of reading, incidentally one of the first rap songs I ever heard. This is Run DMC in their 1986 Reading Rainbow appearance, which also featured Pete Seeger's performance of "Abiyoyo." (who could forget Abiyoyo?)

Anyway, it's probably about time I hopped off the blogcycle for a bit and got some exercise elsewhere.

I've got a little snail-mail campaign underway, and perhaps a few new projects to dive into soon. What exactly, I can't say, but I do know I plan to eat more soup.

I'll keep adding tracks to the online jukebox and I'll post something here before too long. As always, If anyone's got any ideas, feel free to throw one my way.

your friend,

Lucas Wetzel


Top photo taken by Peter at the rugby training fields in Stellenbosch, where several members of South Africa's world champion rugby team practiced. Above photo taken at Liz's Love Garden opening last week by Jenn, whose site has been redesigned. Also, happy birthday to Kyle the Seoulman and Big Baby T

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Thanks for the birthday shout - and for reminding me of "Abiyoyo." Looks like I've got a new song sutck in my head...

Akktri said...

You should design a special device that makes the bathtub drain when the latch on a shower/tub combo is broken.