15 August 2007

Thursday Tracks: Laura Wetzel

In the last post, I mentioned my own involvement with our high school's "bunch of bands" competition, which my siblings and I performed in a combined 8 times over the last decade. The most recent Wetzel to join this list is 17-year-old Laura. She's been playing piano and guitar for a while, but it was only about 6 months ago when she started churning out some amazing little tunes that she'd written herself. David helped her record and mix the tracks over the last couple of months, and the end result is a gem of an 8-song EP that you can find on the iTunes store if you just type in Laura Wetzel.

I've already e-mailed some of you about this, but today I thought I'd post a few of the tunes so that you can hear them in their entirety. Just click on the song title and wait a moment for it to play. These songs include...

1. The Old Days: This is one of the first tunes she wrote and a family favorite.

2. Tahoe Love: She recorded this only a few weeks ago in a closet at the leadership camp she went to this summer at Lake Tahoe. They wound up using it as the background music for the slideshow at the end of the week.

3. Time Will Tell: This more subdued number is one of my personal favorites. It's got a nice calming feel and David contributes some organ playing as well.

Once again, if you'd like to hear more, either look on the iTunes store or drop me a line and I can get you a copy. Or if you've got some music of your own you'd like to share or have me post a link to in the sidebar, feel free to do that as well. Especially if you play the bagpipes. Stay tunes and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she was a camper at the camp i worked at this summer, and she performed for the talent show-next time i had a chance to get to my computer i downloaded it-she has such a unique voice and such an innocence and spark to her music. she is very talented for her age. i absolutely love all the songs on this CD. her stuff is real and true which i like. she has a sound that really reminds me of joss stone and colbie caillat. it's real good highly recommended