21 June 2010

What became of the likely lad


Most of you know I'm quick with a light. Not just with lighting cigarettes, but sparklers, fountains, snakes, bottle rockets, etc. In fact I have the blisters to prove it.

I'm going to be taking this all a step further starting tomorrow when I'll be selling fireworks for two weeks out of a tent in the deep south. After that, the Big Easy.

When I return I'll be all kinds of busy posting stuff here and/or a new personal site, wrapping up a few projects, starting a couple of smaller ones. As for KCFreePress.com, I ended my tenure there this month along with the other founding editors. The publisher plans to continue in some form but Jay and I are no longer involved, and Jenn and Emily are finishing up this month. I'll be happy to answer any questions about this. Just stop by my fireworks tent in Waynesboro, MS (I think) anytime up until July 5 and I'll tell you whatever you want to know.

In the meantime, here's a few highlights from the site of my own (below). There are lots of other good stories by other folks, too, but I only had time for a short list here. Wish me luck in the south and I will see you all later.

KCFP highlight reel:

Pistol Social Club closes

Top concerts of 2009

Luke Rocha's study in crime

Matt McGee's Paddles of Fury (ping pong fight club)

Valentunes

An interview with the 'Rockmocker'

Missile strike destroys KC bridge

Guinness brewmaster tells you how to pour the perfect pint

The making of Rob Bingaman's Nevada

An interview with Jerry West of 'Have Guns, Will Rent' costume shop

1 comment:

Emily Farris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.