30 June 2009

Fancy that

Yesterday on the way home from centennial park I stopped at the phillips sixty six on ninth to get gas and buy a blue powerade and a hundred grand bar. The total came to three dollars even, which is exactly what I had on me. "Fancy that," I said to the clerk as I handed her the money.

Once I was back in the car I remarked to Jenn isn't it funny how sometimes things you say come out a thousand times more tart than you intended, thanks to a wavering of tone or perhaps just the outmoded nature of the phrase itself.

Jenn took a drink of the blue powerade and said I know why this is so good. It tastes just like those freezy popsicles.

1 comment:

Paul Browning said...

Something very similar to this happened to me yesterday...I was at walking out of the examination room at my doctor's office when she said "if your symptoms persist after the anti-biotic come back and see me again."

I was already headed out the door when I replied "Of course." I think my tone was off because she looked at me like I had said "no doy lady!"