22 January 2009

At the CVS on Main

Today at the downtown CVS I was about to tell the guy "no, I don't have a CVS card" when a lady behind me raced up to volunteer to swipe hers for me. I told her it was no big deal, figuring there probably weren't a lot of savings in my $10 purchase of Dunkin Sticks, cough drops, Sweet Tart Hearts and disposable razors. But she insisted. "We're all each others' keeper, it says so in the bible," she said. "With this economy the way it is, we could all be living together next week."

So we swiped her card and I got a coupon about a mile long that ostensibly will save me four and a half bucks next time I visit CVS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it Kay Barnes? Because I could've swore I spotted her eyeing my grocery cart the other day.

B said...

no, it won't save you $4 because you need HER card to activate the coupon.

i know all the politics of cvs.

LW said...

not unless kay barnes has changed races and gained a wee bit of weight.

don't worry blue, i have an elaborate impersonation scheme planned