31 October 2007

All Hallow's Eve

A few photos of and links to Halloween fun, for those of you who found yesterday's marshmallow-headed epic verse a bit too much to swallow. Happy All Soul's Eve, kids.

The result of my first-ever trip to buy plants


Arachnophilia: Lucky the seven-legged spider lives in Seattle.
Photo by Tara.


This scare bear lives in Gillham Park


My makeshift costume on Friday. Used brother's old spacesuit. When people saw how faded the flag was, they thought I was making a political statement. I told them I'd just been lost for a long time and my patriotism had lost a bit of its luster as well. I kind of look like a past-his-prime British rocker. Photo by Liz.


Being green: Andrew makes it look easy


America, friend of the people. Taken in Hamburg cafe/curiosity shop near Brigittenstrasse.


Those old pumpkin fields back home

For some humorous content regarding Halloween, I've got a couple of suggestions. There was that really funny article about werewolves in the Onion, for one. Also, Jeremiah Tucker of the Joplin Globe takes a look today at the holiday he's come to call All Hallow's sleEveless and pants-less. You can read that here.

For those of you more inclined to celebrate the month of October than the Halloween holiday, hearken back to the October of 1900 with Helen Hunt Jackson's "October's Bright Blue Weather," a favorite poem of my grandfather's back in his day.

Also, I was going to put together a mix of Halloween-themed tracks, but it looks like I've been beat to the punch by this guy from Russia. Instead I'd like to share this spooky-sounding freak-out by Kontakt Mikrofoon Orkest, plucked from the latest Cherrystones comp, Cherrystones Word.

And what would a Halloween post be without an embedded video from Echo and the Bunnymen?

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever tour with Oasis by any chance?