14 September 2007

I Think I'm Going To Be Okay



I've always known I was pretty, but this image -- taken from my rather exhaustive photoshoot yesterday in the bowels of KU Med Center's Westwood facility -- just proves I'm a real peach.

I was reporting to KU Med to just get a routine series of head-shots (some stuff for my new portfolio -- as many of you know I've been hoping to break into commercial work for some time now) but they wound up putting me in a machine, subjecting me to a series of noises in cramped quarters, giving me a shot of something called "a coloring agent" (though if you ask me my face make-up leaves a lot to be desired!) and then took five more minutes worth of pics.

Now I know headshots in this town are expensive, but you should have seen the sticker price on these! It was so bad I have to have my medical insurance help pay for this. Which just adds insult to injury, considering they came out so...so ghastly.

Actually, none of this is true, and this light-hearted joking about serious matters is probably not in good taste toward those unlucky enough to be suffering from real maladies requiring MRI scans. I was actually at KU Med to make sure there was no suspicious swelling, bleeding or other activity in my brain, which doctors thought might be possible given the past week of severe headaches I've experienced. Fortunately everything looks all right, and I feel a lot better.

Pretty, though, don't you think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUKE,
Sorry to hear the headaches lasted so long. Aseptic meningitis was the final word? I guess the plus is that you got to see a picture of your brain, thats pretty cool. Glad to hear you are feeling better now. Give me a call when you've got some free time and we'll grab a slice of kenos or something.
~Brian

LW said...

i don't know that they ever figured out exactly what was what. all i know is I got to the vet and he took one look at me and said "son, you got the sickness"

actually, no, dr. h and associates took good care of me. it was just a virus or something.

thanks for the message -- i certainly wll call now that i'm on an even keel.

jennybros said...

Lukey, I am glad that you are feeling better. I got way bored while you were ill. No one to chat with or shoot pics with or explore with. Even no one to irritate. Which, in truth, is pretty dull. I am truly glad that it wans't anything serious, because I don't know if I could have done this thing called life by myself.

B said...

sweet brain luke!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear, you're allright and looking mighty fine whilst being healthy. I was going to brag all about having modelled for the latest St. Pauli catalogue but now I have to back down to this image of sheer beauty.

MaggieJo said...

Tre from J-town said you were down but not out. At least they didn't find the High Prince of Baltia in there! Glad you are feeling better.

andrew said...

lukas

glad you're feeling better- i like them teeth in that photo!