07 March 2009

oh my greenness


The new issue of Urban Times is out in newsstands now around the Plaza, Westport and downtown. There are some good stories and photos, among them a feature about the rebuilding of Greensburg, Kansas, which was hit by a tornado a few years back. Jenn and I collaborated for a story about where to go outdoors in the area, which is a useful piece if you'd ever like to find any of the spots where we take some of the nature pictures that have been posted here and at jennybros.com over the years. You can find our piece at the end of the PDF found under the Arts & Entertainment tab on the sidebar of the Urban Times site.

This is the second piece we've done for the magazine, which is a neat publication considering the staff is made up of local writers, photogs and designers who all have different day jobs and backgrounds. Aside from the publisher's decision to endorse Wayne Cauthen as the man of the year in the last issue, the mag generally focuses less on politics and more on spotlighting downtown businesses, community initiatives and urban development, which I find refreshing even if I'm not exactly the downtown revival's biggest cheerleader.

Speaking of "going green," I think I might go get some chinese food. To compensate for that sentence making no sense, I'll sign off with one of my favorite photographic illustrations of how to go green.

No comments: