11 February 2007

Cold Hard Times

The song I'd like to present to you today is one I've had in my head a lot during this recent spell of super-cold weather. It's called "Cold Hard Times," and it's by by Lee Hazlewood, a man who has been profiled recently by the NY Times and allmusic.com. By most reports, Lee isn't long for this world, but his unique, funny and diverse output of music will long live after him. As a bonus, here's a more humorous track by Lee called "Six Feet of Chain" that is probably my favorite song about sibling rivalry yet. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Snakin said...

It is a cold, hard world and these are indeed cold, hard times, but this is one catchy tune. I don't think this was its intended effect, but this song really cheered me up.

LW said...

This is definitely the intended effect, at least the song certainly put me in cheerier spirits. There's probably only one song that could make me cheerier, but I might have to save that municipal anthem for another day.

Snakin said...

I cannot wait for that day.