29 January 2007

Kansas Day

Happy Kansas Day! Technically, it is Kansas Night, and there's only a few minutes of it left, so I better post these postcards in a hurry. They will give you an idea of how awesome day-to-day life here really is. Happy Kansas Day, from the bottom of my blogging heart.


From Big Baby T, the adventures of Spaghetti & Lemonade


Story of my life


From the Wetlands adventures, fall 2006


Kansas at its most monumental


Schaake's: a truly sincere pumpkin patch


This child was abandoned by his human parents and raised by Jayhawks

You can wash all of these stunning images of Kansas with this traditional tune performed by The Two-Dollar Shoe Revival Story in August 2003 at the Paradise Cafe. This particular bootleg recording of Two Dollar Shoe features Charlie Rose (banjo, vocals), Matt Gertkikn (guitar), Cody Walters (bass) and Josh Adams (drums).

1 comment:

jennybros said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Cool pix. So pretty. I wish it were springtime. I miss Tara. I miss Charlie Rose. I miss green. Soon it will be back though. (the green..and Tara later this week) Looking forward to hanging with you in Lawrence again.