15 April 2010

Out into the worldness we did roam...


Wanted to send this out to Bridget, whose birthday was today. She was the first person who ever made me a tape with Daniel Johnston's music on it. I didn't know he was this wild-eyed at the time, and I've only grown to like it more even if I'm still not ready to pony up for one of his art pieces. What I like about this clip (besides the rhythmic build which reminds me of "Speeding Motorcycle") is the way he's got them spellbound with poetry as much as song. Speaking of poems, Bridget's, "The Wild Boy of Aveyron Stands Up During a Dinner Arranged by the Doctor" is a recent favorite of mine and I'm sure she's been working on a lot more since that was published.

More lit kicks, hellos to friends, songs, comics and such to come soon, but before that, expect some field recordings of bullfrog mating call crossfire recorded at a nearby pond (which, if you think about it, is probably the ultimate inter-species shout-out to friends).

No comments: