20 June 2009

midsummer nights

It's been a big week.

My dear friends Andrew and Liz are getting married in a few hours.

I lost in tennis three times.

Midsummer night is just around the corner.

My building got struck by lightning and five firetrucks came but the only thing that burned was a fried fuse box.

I tried yet again to write a graduation speech, even though it was 10 years ago.

I ate some pretty fresh tamales.

I'll leave off with a quote from a true sage of the class of 1999, who cut through my whole pseudo-intellectualizing of high school with the simple excellent comment over drinks that high school was a great time.

"Think of all that emotional electricity flowing through us at that time," Damon said (more or less). "That was our sixties."

Friends are on their way and I've got to begin trying the tying a tie process for now, but I wish you all the best with your lives/weekends.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. On Thursday night a few of us sang karaoke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you were big on tennis too. I also try to lose a couple times a week.

..Obviously not, but that's the way it usually works out. I'm an artist wherever I go and on the tennis courts...I'm a choke artist.

Sorry to hear you're not at UPS anymore. I appreciate all of your advice, time and encouragement!