15 April 2009

TKC

I just posted an unintentionally epic defense of Urban Times in the comments section of Kansas City's most notorious blog, Tony's Kansas City. I imagine I'll get one or two clicks from people wondering who I am, especially since I usually do my best to avoid getting in blog vs. print media pissing matches.

Although I came down on Tony's defeatist tone, I actually do appreciate the cynicism Tony offers as a counterpoint to more traditional publications like the Star, Pitch and Urban Times. I also owe Tony a lot for giving my blog a shout several years ago. His mention of lucubrations caught the eye of Star features editor Tim Engle, who subsequently did a story about me and led to my writing a few features for Star Magazine.

I've been told by more than one person just to ignore his site, that it's a joke and not to be taken seriously. But for now TKC is too big a player in the local media to ignore. As long as he continues to do 100 posts a day linking to anyone and everything even remotely related to Kansas City, the local blogosphere exists largely in his shadow. Whether his blog is a joke or not is not a discussion I plan to entertain any further. As a wise man once said, it is what it is, and it's best left at that.

What I do plan to do is continue to post occasional items that I feel are of great interest and importance to the Kansas City community. So be looking for something along those lines later in the day.

cheers.

LW

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Sort of a theory and practice companion piece to your post about anonymous comments. Good work.