20 April 2009

Good news for Star subscribers


Most of the news about the Kansas City Star has not been good lately. Today, however, is a big day for KC Star readers, at least in my opinion.

As of today, Richard Thompson's daily comic strip "Cul de Sac" will begin running in the KC Star comics page.

I work for Universal Press, the company who distributes Cul de Sac, and I've had the honor of seeing the strip launch and getting to meet Richard Thompson, who also draws the hilarious Richard's Poor Almanac comic. Cul de Sac is one of my favorite strips on our roster. It also earned a glowing recommendation from "Calvin and Hobbes" creator Bill Watterson, who said:

"I became a big fan of Richard Thompson when I saw his book, Richard’s Poor Almanac. Thompson has a sharp eye, a fun sense of language and a charmingly odd take on the world. Best of all, his drawings are wonderful—something one doesn’t often see in cartoons anymore. I'm delighted to see 'Cul de Sac', and I have high hopes that Thompson will bring a much-needed jolt of energy to the daily newspaper. We have a real talent here."

But you don't have to take mine (and Bill's) word for it. Here are a few more samples from the past two months.



1 comment:

Matt P said...

It's about time. Yesterday's strip was one of my recent favorites.