12 March 2009

Stewart vs. Cramer

Good analysis of the Jon Stewart vs. CNBC segement from Will Bunch...

The First Amendment doesn't say anything about not being funny, or not being passionate. I don't know about you, if you actually watched the piece, but I feel like I learned something important -- confirming the cheerleading nature of the nation's most-watched source for business news, even in a moment of oncoming disaster -- but I also busted my gut laughing as I did. And there's nothing wrong with that, informing and entertaining at the same time -- isn't that what newspapers are charging people 75 cents for?.

What battered newsrooms can learn from Stewart's CNBC takedown (full article plus link to video)

Tonight should be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo awkward.