16 March 2009

How To Smoke Smarties


I have a long history with Smarties. My mom used to keep a jar of them on top of the refrigerator, which I often hit up on the sly. I liked Smarties so much that I couldn't help but go back for "just one more" several times a day (while supplies lasted, which wasn't long considering I had several younger brothers who also had a taste for the sweet stuff). This was around the same time we first had a D.A.R.E. officer come to our class and teach us about the dangers of substance abuse and addiction, which I became convinced I had developed with "America's favorite candy wafer roll."

Nowadays I look back on that misplaced fear with amusement. To the growned-up me, Smarties are synonymous with childhood innocence. At least until I saw this video a kid did of "how to smoke Smarties," which I should probably find horrifying but actually think is kind of cute...


And lest you think that I'm contributing to or celebrating the delinquency of young people, take it from the kid himself: "It doesn't kill you, it doesn't hurt at all. It's just...smoking Smarties."

(video reblogged from Bottom Line Communications, illustration taken from smarties.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That kid needs to go into education - he's such a clear and patient teacher. I would take any class he taught.