09 November 2007

Road Trip


I'm driving to Galesburg, Illinois tomorrow with Jon to film a performance by Ree-Yees, the noise-rock duo that features my youngest brother, James, and his friend Eric. They're playing at some place called the P House, whatever that is. Eric was just featured in the Galesburg Register-Mail for his habit of setting up his drums in a field by the highway and banging on them with abandon. You can -- and should -- read that story here.


It will be a bit of a drive to west-central Illinois, but it's a nice time of year. If anyone wants to come along, just give me a call. We leave at the crack of dawn.

Photo credits: top photo is by me; photo of Eric by Bill Gaither. It pains me how small it is, but it's the best we got until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Ah, had I actually read your invitation when I loaded your page, I may have considered taking you up on your offer. Instead, I waited to read it until I had already gone to bed and gotten up on Saturday morning. However I seem to be running low on cash, and Barbra Bichelmeyer showed up in town to visit Anne Walsh. So I did that instead. It is with great satisfaction, though, that I now cordially invite you to read my "first" post on my "new" blog- I have started anew- Instead, maybe you can spellcheck and edit it for me? Haha. At any rate, I will see you around (Hopefully thanksgiving at your parents), and I hope to see a constructive comment and/or criticism soon. PEACE.
-Brandon Grimm http://brandonlgrimm.blogspot.com/