01 November 2007

Fall and all


If you're trying to decide which of the million open gallery events to attend in Kansas City tomorrow, the biannual event at the Hobbs Building would be a good bet. Included in these open studios will be the first large-scale showing of Liz Gardner's "Pocket-Sized Pieces" collection. Some of my accompanying mini-poem/haiku-ish verses will be on display to complement Liz's fantastically intricate little pieces. The event goes all weekend, so stop by and see the Hobbs Building studios at some point if you get a chance.


Earlier this month I posted a few photos of murals in Kansas City, Kansas. It turns out these are the work of artist John Bonifacio Moreno, a Kansas City-based artist who has been traveling the globe for 17 years, doing murals and teaching art to urban youth. Mr. Moreno contacted me when he saw that I posted his mural pics, and I spent some time checking out his site, www.unmejormanana.com. There's some photo galleries up of his recent work, and a link to the trailer for his upcoming documentary film, "Un Mejor Mañana." Moreno says of his work:

"I want to create unique films and set up shots that share with the world how I see things. I want to awaken people who are asleep and bring them into another world, a world full of beauty and peace. I am especially interested in cultural issues and the struggle of the human soul. Through my documentaries & films I hope to help others better understand topics dealing with the psychic realm, faith, unexplainable events, the soul, spirituality, and life after death. I believe we create our own reality, whether it's good or bad."

Best of luck to John in his endeavors and a happy Día de los Muertos to all of you blog readers out there -- living or dead.

Finally, I'd just like to say Hello...

...to November

No comments: