22 June 2007

summer


It's officially summer now, the perfect time to go on a wild one. Actually, this picture is from last Bastille Day (I've grown 6 inches and put on 45 lbs of muscle since then) but you might find me in a similar position before Sunday's kickball game. Blue Collar 4 eva.

Last night I went to a bonfire kindled by some friends of mine north of Lawrence. There were a lot of babies, some bluegrass and a dog that was as large as a horse.

Tonight I'm going to see the farewell performance by The Fairer Sex. Zach is moving to Texas, Ed to Morocco. Life goes on. I will let you know when their album is available, because I know for a fact that it is a winner. I even contributed 54 seconds of banjo.

love,

LW

3 comments:

jennybros said...

When I first heard the mention of the name The Fairer Sex, I thought "Of course, they are speaking of the female." I thought this for months. Every time I heard the name, I took pride in their choice of a band name. Eventually, I considered that there was a possibility that they were speaking of the male gender. I mean, the band does consist of four guys.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that's a soda pop your shooting there. Let me remind you of the immense responsibility of being a public blogger. There's kids out there for heaven's sake.
So kids: If you want to empty an enormous amount of beer in a short period of time, there's beer helmets for that. Safety first.
And you, Sir Lucas are missing a fantastic rainy summer in Hamburg, come around some time soon, has been to long since I heard you sing "I'm a crèpe"

Anonymous said...

that top photo that jenny took is one of my all time favorites.