03 September 2006

frauen, die schreiben...

My friend Ayla maintains a lovely and frequently updated Web log about life in Hamburg and wherever else she travels. The other day, it was on the top 20 list of Wordpress's best blogs of the day. I'm not sure what that means, but it's certainly well-deserved. As a tribute, I'd like to hit you all with this verse encouragement to check out her site, .11freundeundich.

A light in Ayla's Attic, September 2006


What does Ayla keep in her attic?
What thoughts will achieve such loftiness?
What memos will she send forth
from her personal blog-acropolis?

A poem, a slideshow, an artfully cropped photo
Points of interest on an idea's journey
from germ to sublimation
word-experimentations
undertaken by this fate-bound band of first-generation bloggers

The German tagline translates to:
"women who write are dangerous"
But I don't feel threatened
Only inspired to keep describing
the whos whats hows and whens
without stopping too long to question why

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(sung by a rumplestiltskin-like creature in a dark wood):

here i sit
alone in my lair
combing my bitten brain
combing my hair
dreaming of when
we meet again
on land or in air
on land or in air

just when you think
i've forgotten your face...
o don't you know i won't ever.
don't you know i won't ever?

Anonymous said...

Let it rain
Let it flood these streets and wash me away
To where it makes no difference who I am
Or what the future holds
When I dont know

But give me hope
That help is coming
When I need it most
Give me hope
That help is coming
When I need it most

you`re the kindest, mr wetz.
thank you for introducing me to your friends...